Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good Print, Bad Print



I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, and with the big summer wedding season behind me, I've finally had a chance.

Getting a good print is crucial to achieving a high quality poster. The true beauty of the poster is created by each person's own unique fingerprint lines. Unfortunately, if the print I receive is not clearly defined, there is not much I can do except request a new print.

Here are a few tips:

– Use a blank piece of paper. If the paper has something on the back, it will probably show through in the scan. Also, don't use lined notebook style paper!

– Push finger straight down and don't roll it.


– Use any color of ink, but really light colors aren't recommended. DO NOT use metallic inks (i.e. silver)


– It is important not to press too hard. It will make it very difficult to get a print with clear lines
.

No comments:

Post a Comment